Applicants to freshman year:
- Submit theArchbishop Spalding High School Application for Admission a recent photograph and the $100 Application fee no later than the first week in January of their 8th grade year.
- Submit written responses to the Applicant Questionnaire
- In December of 8th grade take the Archdiocesan Admissions/Placement Test at Archbishop Spalding High School or any high school of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Applicants in middle/elementary schools of the Archdiocese of Washington take the test in their current school and indicate Archbishop Spalding High School on the answer sheet to receive a copy of the results. Parents of students testing in schools of the Archdiocese of Washington must contact the Admissions Office to indicate where Archbishop Spalding High School ranks on the applicant’s list of preferred schools.
- Assure the submission of a Request for Records and Academic Recommendation Form to their current school. (This step is not necessary for students attending elementary schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. This information is included in the Archdiocesan High School Information Form.
- Have the option to schedule a personal meeting with the Director of Admissions. This is optional for every applicant to grade 9 but required of any candidate for academic or leadership scholarships.
For applications to be complete and eligible for consideration, Archbishop Spalding High School must have received all of the following prior to the January deadline for application:
- Copies of records from grades 6 through the most recent grade report (including transcripts, standardized test scores, service hour, attendance, and discipline records)
- $100 Application Fee
- A recent photograph (electronically or hard copy)
- Written responses to the Applicant Questionnaire
- At least one Academic Recommendation Form completed by English, Math, Science, or Social Studies teacher within the past two years. (This form is not necessary for students attending elementary schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore as it is included in the Archdiocesan High School Information Form)
- Pertinent information from medical or personal records
- Students active in parishes of the Archdiocese of Baltimore should provide documentation of active involvement on parish letterhead or through an email directly from the parish to the Admissions office.
- Families applying for need-based Financial Assistance must submit that application prior to the January application deadline as well
PLEASE NOTE! IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE AQUINAS PROGRAM ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED. PLEASE ASSURE THE COMPLETION OF THE AQUINAS SUPPLEMENT BY THE JANUARY APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Students applying for transfer to grades 10 or 11 do so with the knowledge that there is a pool of applicants waiting for each grade. When openings arise all applicants whose files are up to date will be given equal consideration. Transfer students are not accepted after the summer prior to 11th grade. Exceptions may be considered for students moving to the area. Applicants for transfer do not take the Admissions/Placement Test.
Upper class transfer applicants should submit copies of any previous standardized test scores, attendance and discipline records, along with their transcripts (grade 6 through their most recent grade report) and a recent photograph. Transfer applicants must complete the Application for Admission and Transfer Applicant Questionnaire. A personal meeting with the Director of Admissions is required of all applicants to grades 10 or 11.
Release of Records and a minimum of two Academic Recommendation forms must be submitted to the applicant's current school.